Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Don't Drink

Had a drink or two last night... do not recommend. It is amazing how out-of-balance your body can get... not just from drinking but adjusting your schedule. The volume and intensity of work-outs do not lend themselves to deviation very well. But, in spite of it all got a 3hour ride in with a 30 minute run yesterday. Then a 1hour ride with a 1hr45min run today. Didn't feel good and could not find a rhythm.

Learned that my dog will not drink water outside, is now boycotting his water bowl and drinking out of toilets. Normally you could break a dog of this habit unless you have a four year old who thinks that it is funny. Nothing like coming up to a psuedo empty bowl (sans water) to make you think something is wrong with your plumbing.

"Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself, You gotta believe in foolish miracles, It's not how you play the game, It's if you win or lose, You can choose, don't confuse, win or lose, It's up to you" - I Don't Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment