Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Day Off

Enjoyed a relaxing day off from intense workouts, along with a picnic with the Fam and Friends after work. A lot of fun was enjoyed around the pool, eating food, having a chat, playing with kids. Kinda nice to slow down and look around from the hectic pace of life. Keep trying to remind myself of the small things... small things... making sure to notice.

Tomorrow, time to dive back into the workout. I have to leave for Chicago (driving) in the AM, meetings all day, drive back in the PM... then kick in a run or swim pending time of return.

One of my friends doing the Ironman this fall is putting his effort into the Steelhead half-ironman this coming weekend. Good luck Ande...

FYI to all, Lesly is kicking up the vegetarian gig again... might not be far away...

"All the small things, true care, truth brings" - Rob.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Family looks great!

    I didn't read back too far on your posts, but noticed that you lose a lot of water weight? Do you take any salt tabs? I changed mine up last year to Thermolytes. A tad more sodium than others. Just a thought.

    Also, my great-grandmother died of breast cancer when I was young. Would be great if you could add her name to your bike.

    ReplyDelete