Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Sunday, September 6, 2009

In ruins

I am going to try and get back on track tomorrow, though it maybe extremely difficult. For the first time, I am very concerned about making the event. I have not done anything longer then an hour and change since the half-ironman. That is a few weeks for those lacking the dates. I just screwed up my finger royal, and I have to build a shed and a deck before winter. Less then 8-weeks. There will be issues.

On a good note, if my finger doesn't heal it will be a sturdy oar. Doesn't bend.

Cannot wait to get rid of my long hair, another picture to post soon. Mightly impressive for those of you that have known me since maybe high-school or freshman year at college. Rivaling those days. Makes me sweat way to much...

"You're in ruins..." - Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment