Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Curve Ball

Went to Greece on business. Found out that I am allergic to nuts, specifically at this point almonds. Major allergic reaction, has proved problematic to my training. More testing will be done at the U (Iowa, UIHC) to determine the extent of the allergy. Currently avoiding anything with nut-products.

No comments:

Post a Comment