Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Saturday, October 24, 2009

2 Weeks

Two weeks until race day. Going to try and squeeze in a 15 mile run today. Maybe listen to the Hawks beat Michigan State.

Have a little cough. Hoping it's nothing more then just that...

I must say that (a) people treat men differently with long hair and (b) people treat men differently when they have blond hair. Especially to a man in his 40's.

Lesly continues to be cancer free, though not without scares. However, we believe that most of them are related to natural aging... sore knee, sore back, tired (chase a four-year around all-day), etc..

One of Lesly's group members has started a blog regarding her experiences, observations and situation. I highly recommend it. The link is http://breastsunderconstruction.blogspot.com/

"As we go down lifes lonesome highway seems the hardest thing to do is to find a friend or two. A helping hand - some one who understands that when you feel you've lost your way you've got some one there to say I'll show you" - Say You Say Me

No comments:

Post a Comment