Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Long Run

Well, instead of 15 miles I ran 20.6 miles in 3hr17min. Felt good, heart rate stayed in check, probably could have gone further had I not run out of water the last hour. Think this is as good as it is going to get. Going to do some short workouts to keep things loose up to the race.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I will be taking a laptop and continuing the blog up to the race.

I will also be logging the run on a GPS, along with photographs of the race course, volunteers, aid stations, etc... So please check back afterwards for the posts.

"Sometimes I feel like there's nothing that's stopping me. All things are possible. I am unstoppable. Some may convince you, no one can break through, I'm here to tell you you're worth more than they tell you... Sometimes I feel like it's all opened up for me. Nothing's impossible..." - Scraped

No comments:

Post a Comment