Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Saturday, August 15, 2009

1/2 Ironman

Race in the morning... less then 11 hours away. Gear is packed and ready to go. Ran a few miles today after a couple aggressive bike rides this past week. Missed more time out of the water then I would have liked.

Lesly has her 1-year anniversary of diagnosis next Friday. It will be a bittersweet day. I believe that we will do something memorable that day.

"Live those dreams, Scheme those schemes" - Relax

No comments:

Post a Comment