Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Gradual Re-Entry

Trying to wade back into the work-out routine after the ill-timed and too-long off period. Did a 2hr25min bike and a 10min run on Saturday followed by a 1hr45min run on Sunday. Taking today off due to some feet issues, but going to try for a good solid workout tomorrow. Maybe an 1hr tempo run.

Lesly's group had a meeting the other day. Talk about inspiration, seeing the group get together and the laughter that comes from upstairs (Cameron and I were quarantined down-stairs) is re-assuring that good work is going on with the meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment