Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Movin' On

Did an hour run today after a day off. Felt good, and going to try and build on it tomorrow. Signing up for a century ride this weekend to keep it going this weekend. That ride also to raise cancer awareness.

We had another meeting with the doctor to review additional options to limit the potential for a cancer-come-back. It can be somewhat frustrating when dealing with the statistical data associated with making these decisions. There is that balance between treatment and quality of life. Not just the survival, but also the quality of life you lead surviving. I believe that both are an important component of who you are. It would be beneficial for an hour or so of organized statistical discussion prior to beginning the discussion on treatment. That maybe a new cause... creating the informed patient, via a structured environment.

"I'm coming out of my cage, And I’ve been doing just fine, Gotta gotta be down, Because I want it all" - Mr. Brightside

No comments:

Post a Comment