Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Decals and Silkscreens

The bike has been sent out for detailing (decals) and the tri-suit has been sent out for silkscreening. Designs should be back shortly and completed within the next two weeks.

Race is closing in with only a few weeks left. 45min bike and 1hr10min run yesterday. Hope to get in a couple hour run before the Michigan game today.

I read an article the other day from a Doctor Li regarding the correlation between er+ breast cancer and the development of secondary er- breast cancer when taking tamoxifin. I have some thoughts on this paper which I will put together later today or early tomorrow. It concerns my issue with statistics.

"It's astounding; Time is fleeting; Madness takes its toll. But listen closely..." - Time Warp

No comments:

Post a Comment