Backstory

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall of 2008. It was caught early. Aggressive bilateral mastectomy was the choice. My concern was the lack of a cohesive focus to find a cure. I wanted a definitive course, I wanted strong leadership, I wanted to know the solution. So, I did what any normally crazy supportive co-survivor would do... enlisted for an ironman. Donation link is http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=296523&supID=249789425

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Final Countdown

Entering the final four weeks. Had a very hilly 4 mile run today just to keep things moving after a day of weightlifting. Continuing to focus on more intense workouts to build up some speed leading into the race. I feel that my base is pretty well there. Some long workouts the next couple weeks for the weekends only.



Graphic update tomorrow on the bike.



I have decided to map and photograph the race throughout the course of the event. Everything except the swim. My plan is to struggle thru the swim as initially laid out... 1hr 30 min... 10 min transition, bike at 6 hr... 10 min transition... could be quicker but want to shoot photos at the aid stations throughout the event... then a 4 hr 30 min run for a sub-13 hour event with a lot of photos. The goal being awareness and enjoyment

"Will things ever be the same" - The Final Countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment